Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hmm... What to Bring

Today is packing day. What to bring besides sedatives for the flight? Let's see... clothes for a month, China Culture guide, 10 packages of Beer Nuts (can't get them in China), two dozen small packs of tissues - it seems that the Chinese don't have toilet paper in their bathrooms, anti-perspirant when facing the Chinese Media, and the book "The Amateur" by Edward Stein.

Time to load up my iTunes with enough podcasts to last a month. A few videos for the flight - found a PBS Series called "Inside China." I think I will be taking my camera and all of my Apple gear. Do you think I should take my Apple TV? I doubt I can get Netflix there.

I am really looking forward to seeing my good friends Fred and Lisa who recently moved from Nice, France to Beijing for a two year stint. They live in a expat neighborhood with their two dogs and a cat. They are wonderful hosts and I always enjoy seeing them. I'll be there for 3 days. Maybe see a few sites in Beijing.

No comments:

Post a Comment